Thursday, March 5, 2009

Family reunion

Hello friends, this morning I was a mommy! I was able to make breakfast and help my little girl get ready for the day. She has been asking about her sister since the first day we saw her. So today we had a shopping trip planned and Dave and I thought we would stop by to see Alina and give her the option of joining us. As you all know we have been giving Alina time to be with her friends without us hanging around.(I am hoping that us not being around she will miss us) so we stopped by and Alina comes running giving her sister a big hug, and then momma and poppa. She squeezed me tight and said I missed you! Yes my plan worked. LOL! So I said we are going shopping to get gifts for the family would you like to go. She couldn't say yes quick enough. So we went to the post office to buy stamps(just as a collection thing) and David purchased 6 pre paid envelopes to give to Alina's friends so that they can write. Then off to the gift shop. This was the place that I was looking for. It had the authentic Ukraine made items like eggs, dolls, jewelry etc. The jewelry some was made of wood but mostly the jewelry was made of real stones not plastic like back home. I picked out a hand full of bracelets they are beautiful! The lady at the shop was glad to see us, we bought a lot of items! Now off to the fun center. First we ate then we played. The girls had a great time! They get along so well. When adopting 2 children from different places you just don't know how it will work out. Now our girls had the opportunity to meet and spend 4 days together thanks to the hosting plan through Frontier Horizon. It was a confusing time since we had 4 children at one time, but Alina and Tanya got along. I was a little concerned because Alina is the reason we started the adoption process, and Tanya was adopted first. Alina understood. She is a great child! Well back to our day, we had to take Alina back to the orphanage for the last time. We said our goodbyes and back to the apartment. Another day comes to an end. Tomorrow we pick up Alina Hope Quinnam and our family is complete.(For now) we will take a train on Sunday to Keiv. We have a flight scheduled for Thursday, and Angelina is sure we can keep it. We have to get tickets for the girls yet.(Just when you think your doing good on money) So hopefully we will be home next week end. This journey is one I am honored to have taken. My advice to those thinking of adoption is do it. The experience is incredible. We will blog tomorrow we have a busy day. Until then God Bless
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. WELL WELL WELL YOU GUYS NEVER SEEM TO AMAZE ME ......I LOVE THERE MIDDLE NAMES ....WELL CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAY TOMORROW OR BETTER YET YOUR WEEKEND I BET THAT IS GONNA BE GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very thoughtful to leave paid envelopes for Alina's friends... will you have a party there for her "going away" with gifts to her friends and orphanage family? It will probably be important for her to be able to keep in touch with them until she feels comfortable.

    This is so much fun to hear about each detail and everything you are doing! And now, even so much more intimate as a family!! Doesn't the sun seem warmer, the sky bluer, the cold just a whisper of cool, and the feeling of excitement and pride more powerful????

    i soooo hope that you will have time to do family stuff before leaving ....

    don't forget to bring back the Ukrainian money (along with the stamps and souveniers)as keepsakes for the girls!

    This is quite the beginning of the year for you all! or as the saying goes, "this is the first day of the rest of your life!"

    LOVE and HUGS xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave and Freda,
    Wow, what a blessing! I am so very happy for you all! I can't help but remember the night that I felt so impressed to tell Julie about Alina needing a place to go for the winter hosting. I now know that the Lord had all of it worked out and this was His plan. All I can say is praise the Lord! What a blessing to be able to share love with these two precious little ones. I can't wait to meet Tanya! I am looking forward to hearing that your sweet family is on it's way home. PLEASE let us know what time you will be arriving so we can be there at the airport. I wouldn't want to miss it for the world.
    With much love and happiness,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete