Monday, June 1, 2009

Alina's trip to the hospital

We arrived at Ruby Mumorial Hospital on Wednesday May 27th at 11:30am. Alina was admitted, first she was put into a nice private room, but once the doctors examined her she was moved to the PICU unit. The doctors felt she needed to be monitored. Later that day they told us they were gonna try a treatment on her called IVIG I think. Sorry I don't remember any way, this did not work. She had a reaction to this that was not good! Well of course I panicked and started crying! They decided not to go through with the process and said they would get back with us tomorrow. On Thursday the 28th after much deliberation they decided to go ahead with the Plasma Freesias. They put her to sleep to insert an IV in her groan area. It would be painful for her so Alina and I decided putting her to sleep would be best. 1 hour later they woke her up and she was so funny, she kept saying I didn't feel anything, I don't remember anything. They gave her some medication and then started the first Plasma Freesias. This procedure went very well. She didn't feel a thing. She was very strong. On Friday she was a different Alina. She was energetic and looked better. She kept saying how great she felt. Wow 1 treatment sure made a huge differece. When the doctors came in they were surprised to see this child who was so sick the day before look so good! You should have seen there faces! The whole staff is just great, they bring me coffee and they bring Alina anything she wants. The medical student who is also working with Alina even brought her a Wii to her room! She is very spoiled. The staff all love her. They keep telling me how great she is. Yes I know how great she is, she is a wonderful daughter. David and Tanya came down Friday night, I was fortunate enough to get a room at the Ronald McDonald House. I will be staying there for the duration of Alina's hospital stay. David and I talked and we decided that Tanya will stay with me. She missed being with Alina and I, and we missed her. On Saturday the 30th Alina had her second Plasma Freesias done. This time David was here for it. He had to leave at 3:30pm to head home. He had to work that night. The Ronald McDonald house is across from the hospital within walking distance. Tanya and I take walks everyday and eat at the hospital. The girls watch tv, play in the play room and just spend time talking together. Sunday the 31st. Grand mommy, grand daddy and Aunt Melodie came to see Alina. This made her very happy. This was the first time she met her Aunt Mikkie! Aunt Mikkie brought both the girls gifts, and mommy too! Alina is getting around great at this point you can't tell she is even sick. The doctors want us to consider surgery. They want to remove her Thymus gland which involves cutting open her chest. There is a 35 to 85 percent chance that she will be cured! I talked with Alina about this and she wants to go through with it. I have to admit I am concidering it. The thoght of her being disease free is comforting. Well see. I will ask a bunch of questions and go from there. Alina deserves a great life and I know the Lord will watch over her! I do ask for your prayers! We are all doing ok. We are just taking one day at a time. I will continue to blog. Thank you Jesus for you guidence and love! God Bless the Quinnams
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Mikkie is so very happy to meet my new nieces ...wish it wasn't at the hospital, but glad i could get there!
    what a great trooper Alina is!! she's going through a lot. I was very excited to get hugs from my new girls!

    ReplyDelete