Wednesday, February 25, 2009

All is well

Hello everyone, yesterday and today are down days. Yesterday Alina was with us but all she wanted to do was stay at the apartment and watch TV. So we did, although I read a book instead. Today it has just been Dave and I alone! This morning we cleaned the apartment which was fun for me. That's what I do when I am bored. I looked for laundry to do but we didn't have much. David and I then decided to go out. It is snowing again and cold but we have cabin fever! We walked around a little not to much to see where we are, but we went into a store that sold washers, refrigerators, hair dryers etc. It was a nice store but nothing we needed. We found a park that had a tank in it, so Dave climbed the hill and I took a picture. There is also a statue of a man who Gorlovka was named after so being tourists I took David's picture by it too. Alina wanted to go to school and hang out with her friends so we backed off. Dave and I understand she probably will never see her friends again and that reality has set in for her. David is having a tougher time with this then me. He misses her so much and thought once we got here they would always be together and she would show him around town. He has dreamed of this happening for a year now. Me well she is pre teen now I expect her not to want to constantly hang out with her old folks! Out of all seriousness I think this is hard for her, this is something she wants very much, but she will miss her friends. You all know she is a social butterfly! I hope we can go get Tanya soon we know she is counting down the days, she on the other hand could care less about friends, she just wants to go home! Olga is going to take us shopping tomorrow, yeah! So hopefully we will have something neat to talk about. Hope all is well with everyone and we hope to be home soon. Time goes by slowly when you not busy! I miss my little Basil very much! God Bless
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

  1. it's nice to have a little down time during a cold snow!
    it's not surprising to hear that Alina is missing her friends...i hope that she will have time to say goodbye to them and t her country, before you all leave. Take time to have a family time there before you get back to the hustle and bustle of the USA.

    Although Tanya doesn't "seem" to care about friends, she may have that realization too, that she won't see any of them again.

    Continue to be sensitive to their psych and social needs!! give them LOTS of love!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to think about now that you're parents! I'm sure there will be alot of adjusting for all of you. I think you are two very special people to be able to open your hearts (...your home...your lives...your wallet!...) to two very lucky girls by making them part of your family. It's amazing!

    You remain in our prayers..

    Love you both,

    ReplyDelete