Friday, February 20, 2009

Gorlovka

Hello everyone, sorry it has taken so long for us to update you on our day. Our train arrived at 9:30am by the time we arrived at our apartment it was after 10:00am. We didn't have our coffee yet and we needed to get some things from the store and let's not forget A BATH I needed one! So we had coffee, then walked about 5 minutes to the grocery store. Once we returned home David started lunch and I got a bath. David made us spaghetti it was very good. We haven't cooked a meal this whole trip! The apartment is very nice, we stayed here before but I am not used to the way some things work here so I worry a lot here! They use gas which we do not have so I am afraid of the gas stove. I know ha ha my sister is probably laughing right now! When the pilot light went out in the water heater unit, what do I do PANIC. David goes to look at it I freak out and tell him don't touch anything, then I say I have to get out of here I can't take it! Come on what a sissy right! Why am I over reacting! The land lady comes over she is very nice, shows us to fix the problem and says not to worry. Well I think that is what she said I didn't understand a thing she said, but her body language told me this. This apartment has a washer so I was able to do 2 small loads before sun down. Its a very small washer I will do some more tomorrow maybe. We are very thankful to have a washer! Ok finally we are off to see Alina. Today we are on our own sort of. Olga some times Angelina other times need to call us a cab to and from for obvious reasons. The cab arrives and now to the orphanage. Alina greets us outside in the cold without a coat hollers mommy poppy! Very warm welcome! I scold her for not having a coat on, (how rude) then we go inside. I asked her if her class was there she said yes and we had her ask if we could give gifts to the class. Of coarse we could we went up and pulled out our goodies(now our suit case is much lighter) and handed them out. Some of the children were still at camp so the teacher said when they came back she would give them their gifts. That's nice. We went back down stairs to the sitting room with just Alina to spent time with her. She poked fun at her momma and won't let me take any pictures of her because she had a pimple. Ok my little girl is growing up. We said our goodbyes and headed home. Now tomorrow we get to pick Alina up in the morning and she gets to spend the day with us. We plan to walk in town and see what's there. Hopefully Alina will have a good time! Well until tomorrow. Thank you all for being such a big part of our forming family. God Bless!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. :) heheheheh--oh Freda, you are priceless!! (this sister was laughing!) i could so visualize that scenerio!

    you would so not survive at my house! --let's see, no dryer, the "out-house," gas stove/heat... what else?

    i'm not laughing at you...just with you ;) heheh

    you both are so generous... i love that you take gifts each time you visit! what a special treat for those kids. -- what did you take this time?

    you are now THROWN into parenthood --good thing you have your great resources across the street!! -- and remember what teenage life was like???? heheheh you're in tr--ou---b--le !!! what fun to look forward to! (pimples, boys, driving....ut oh!)

    have fun while you are there! give Alina a big hug for me!!
    LOVE TO YOU -DAVID & FREDA, ALINA and TANYA :) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete