Thursday, February 12, 2009

David- Hello all. I wanted to add some more info on our stay here the city we are in is a nice small city of around 9000 I think. The taxi drive we have been use most here drives an old soviet era car which I really like that was one of the things on my to do list. I was very excited to be able to close my door. Their is a trick to lifting the handle when you close the door to get it to latch properly. The car is very old and the driver said he would by a new one if he had the money. I like it and most of the other vehicles here. in america people would buy them and restore them as collectors items but here they keep them running. Our facuilitator seemed surprised when I said we only keep our vehicles for 10 years which is probably a stretch for most. Their is a lot of neat old trucks and evan motorcycles. Another neat thing is the taxis and buses in Gorlovka run off of natural gas. They have tanks in the trunk which make it tough for luggage but is cheaper
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

  1. oh David - thank you for keeping us posted on the "other" stuff! it is interesting to hear about the things you are experiencing there. i suppose you are taking good pictures of all that stuff ... did you get pictures of the taxi drivers and trucks and historical sights? you will have to have a picture website when you get back and post all the pictures for us to see !!

    Would love to see a picture of Tanya... (i have the one dad sent of Alina a year ago)

    my love to you -- i am very proud of you doing all this!

    my LOVE to the (now get used to this if you haven't already) TAD QUINNAM FAMILY !! (not just a couple any more!!) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL THANK YOU DAVE FOR THE COOL UPDATES ....SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ADJUSTING WELL JUST COME HOME SOUNDS LIKE YOU MIGHT WANNA STAY!!

    ReplyDelete