Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shopping

Today was spent mainly shopping. Me being one for a good deal I loved the out door market. In Keiv we went to some street vendors next to sda building that was geared for souvenirs for tourist I bought a wool Soviet soldiers hat the guy threw in a Soviet pin for the front of it I tried on many styles of hats their that would get strange looks in the US but you see many men wearing here. I asked our driver In keiv if I wore the hat with the Soviet pin if I would be laughed at or would they think I was cool he laughed and said most would probably think I was cool! The market we were in today was not geared for tourist probably because they don't have tourists here. Their is one hotel in town here. It has stores on the first floor a cafe/bar/dance floor on the second and rooms on the third. One is ours the americans the other is our ukrainian facuilitator, an Italian couple here for adoption and a business man from spain here for a leather plant. So I am sure the lady that runs the place has a time interpreting. During the week it is very nice here the cafe closes at 11 but on the weekends the bar stays open till 2 and the dance music is very loud.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

5 comments:

  1. WOW the bar is open as late as ours ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything has gone so well, I am confident that the Lord is with you. I will still pray for you. As I pray tonight you would be waking up and when I wake up tomorrow I know you will share good news. God bless you David and Freda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subbed at Rocky Knoll today and saw Julie after school. When I asked how things were going for you, she told me about your blog. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate this awesome journey. Soon you will be the parents of two sweet, fortunate kids. I look forward to seeing you again soon. I admire you both a great deal. Miss our talks at "work." Love you, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, David... at least you shouldn't get shot there for wearing a Soviet hat!! -- but maybe the driver forgot to say that it brands you as a tourist?! :)

    does the music keep you awake at night, or do you just wait until it's over to go to sleep? -- my neighbors are bad enough! -- i guess you will appreciate your nice, quiet, land when you get back!!

    xoxoxoxoxxo hugs as always -- love to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what to say except I'm glad that I finally figured out how to post a comment to you!! I've been thinking about you guys all the time & I HAVE been reading your daily events I just havent been able to write to you. I'm so glad things have been going so well for you and pray that they continue to. What did you find out was wrong with Alina? Is she still sick? What an awesome experience you guys are having! Continue to enjoy :) Love you both! Jua

    ReplyDelete