Sunday, February 8, 2009

Early drip

Good afternoon everyone. This morning we got up at 6:00am which is really good since I haven't been sleeping that late. Which means we got a good nights rest! I made David and I some coffee and we relaxed and talked, well some time about 9:00am I noticed the toilet kept running, so I told Dave about this and he looked at it, well he fixed that problem then he noticed that the valve at the toilet was leaking. Well let's just say my nerves at this point got the best of me! I felt sick, here we are in someone's apartment and the pipe is leaking. I was worried that the ladies floor was gonna get ruined, so I called Angelina and she called the land lady. She came and started talking to us and of coarse we didn't know what she was saying so I called Angelina again to get her to translate. The land lady said don't worry it's not our problem. Which means it's not our fault. She was very nice and said someone would come to fix it. Angelina told us to go ahead with our plans to see Alina and someone would come while we were out. So we did. We had a nice visit with Alina. She was surprised to see us. She didn't know we were coming! She surprised us also yesterday while in the hospital she got her ears pierced by another child there! Well I guess she didn't feel the need to ask her parents. It's ok it just surprised me! We talked for about an hour then we had to go. Our driver was waiting and the meter was still running. Ha Ha! After we got back into Gorlovka we went to New York Street pizza place. American pizza place sort of! We ate then came back to our apartment. Once we arrived the door to our building was locked and the key that we are to use isn't like a normal key. So Dave kept trying to open the door but no luck! Well here I start to panic again. Before I knew it the door opened and at the door was a little older woman who so kindly tried to tell us how to unlock the door. I think I understand now, but time will tell. Once we get up to our apartment then we have 2 doors to unlock which takes awhile to do! Now we are back in our apartment for the rest of the day. Ooh wee my nerves are crazy! Dave and I wish Alina was here with us then we would feel more comfortable! In any case tomorrow we will do more paperwork and hopefully successfully accomplish some things. Take care and God Bless
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

  1. ut oh! watch for infection! pierced by another CHILD??? ouch... i remember when....

    i thought you were going to tell us that David pulled out his bag of tricks and fixed everything !! hehe ... glad it all worked out. it must be nerve-wracking for every little thing in a different country.

    YOU GUYS ARE DOING FANTASTIC !!!

    LOVE and hugs to all !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the paperwork goes good with Alina and Tanya. We've been reading your blog. I think it's cool!

    Love, Durrell

    I hope I see you when you come back. And I like you.

    Love, Denver

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Denver's comment is cute, especially since he so meticulously wrote out "I LOVE AUNT FREDA" for your birthday card a few days ago! It's nice to know he likes you, too! And of course I think Durrell's comment is sweet! He makes sure we read your blog each night before going to bed. (maybe a way to prolong bedtime? hmm...)

    ReplyDelete